
Aimee and I stayed up way to late last night watching this movie.
It is such a hard movie to watch.
Kimberly Williams-Paisley does an amazing job in her role.
She was believable.
I was telling Aimee, after we had watched the movie, that I try to be a good person.
I give money to the homeless.
I make sure I donate all our old things to others instead of selling on Craig's list or something, I am sure those with less need my old stuff more than I need an extra $20.
I go to church.
I try not to swear and teach my munchkins that it is wrong.
I try not to judge others and be forgiving....
but these people...
they make me look pathetic.
I can't even fathom the pain of loosing a child in such a horrific way then forgiving the man who committed the act immediately.
It is a true story.
Those are people who live by the Word of God.
Not me.
I would love to lie to myself and say that I could be that faithful and forgiving, but being placed in that position, I am not sure that I could be that pure of faith. I would react badly more than likely.
Hate would take me over.
How do you forgive the one who took the most precious thing in your life away from you.
Something that can never be replaced or copied in anyway.
Something so special that God only made one and gave it to you to care for and keep safe.
Yes, I think I would live with Hate for quiet a while.
I was humbled by such a simple movie.
Those girls did not die in vain.
People like me will hear their story and try to become a better person, better than I thought I was. I was touched by their strength even at the moment they knew they would die. Their faith never wavered. Such conviction from such young girls, they were not afraid for they knew they were going to meet the Lord. They prayed for the man who was so angry at God he was going to kill them in a moment.
Could I be that strong?
Could my children?
Have I taught them enough of the Bible that they would be calm in the face of death?
Could they forgive the murderer before he ended their existence and slaughtered their family and friends?
So much to ponder from a little moment of life, retold on a Lifetime 2 hour movie.
So much...
It is such a hard movie to watch.
Kimberly Williams-Paisley does an amazing job in her role.
She was believable.
I was telling Aimee, after we had watched the movie, that I try to be a good person.
I give money to the homeless.
I make sure I donate all our old things to others instead of selling on Craig's list or something, I am sure those with less need my old stuff more than I need an extra $20.
I go to church.
I try not to swear and teach my munchkins that it is wrong.
I try not to judge others and be forgiving....
but these people...
they make me look pathetic.
I can't even fathom the pain of loosing a child in such a horrific way then forgiving the man who committed the act immediately.
It is a true story.
Those are people who live by the Word of God.
Not me.
I would love to lie to myself and say that I could be that faithful and forgiving, but being placed in that position, I am not sure that I could be that pure of faith. I would react badly more than likely.
Hate would take me over.
How do you forgive the one who took the most precious thing in your life away from you.
Something that can never be replaced or copied in anyway.
Something so special that God only made one and gave it to you to care for and keep safe.
Yes, I think I would live with Hate for quiet a while.
I was humbled by such a simple movie.
Those girls did not die in vain.
People like me will hear their story and try to become a better person, better than I thought I was. I was touched by their strength even at the moment they knew they would die. Their faith never wavered. Such conviction from such young girls, they were not afraid for they knew they were going to meet the Lord. They prayed for the man who was so angry at God he was going to kill them in a moment.
Could I be that strong?
Could my children?
Have I taught them enough of the Bible that they would be calm in the face of death?
Could they forgive the murderer before he ended their existence and slaughtered their family and friends?
So much to ponder from a little moment of life, retold on a Lifetime 2 hour movie.
So much...
























1 comment:
Wow that sounds like a powerful movie!
Post a Comment