Outside is: beautiful. It is crisp and clear. Spring is in the air!
I can smell: my coffee and the bread I have started in the breadmaker.
In the oven for dinner: We will be having chicken pot pie tonight. 3 out of 6 family members are happy about that. Oh well.
What I have been thinking about: I am trying so hard to teach my children all they need to know to do well in life. I am trying to make sure they are well prepared for the testing they will be doing soon to see where they are academically compared to other children in the United States too. Those facts seem pointless sometimes. Like great the kids know the date that event happened but do they understand why? How do we stop making the same mistakes from the past if we don't understand what made people make those mistakes to begin with. Then there is math. What do logarithms have to do with my munchkins future? One wants to be a mommy, a x-ray tech, photographer and at the moment maybe a professional gamer (ha ha). None of these things seems to need the use of Logarithms. Hmmm, maybe in the future they will but as of right now, for me, if they just get the jist of it I am fine with it. I know I have never used all my trigonometry knowledge from high school. Wow, and all those periodic tables have been life changing. I can't just look those bad boys up on the internet when I am stuck in line at the grocery store trying to remember the element radon is Rn. Whoo where would I be without that knowledge stuffed into my brain! Now the Nutrition classes, marriage classes, Math for life...those classes were advantageous. I know...I know...just on my soapbox again.
Project I am working on: I have material for a baby blanket for my friend Janine and material for new kitchen curtains. My sewing table has been re assigned a different job for the moment so I will have to wait to finish them. Bummer.
What I am reading: Just finished The Hunger Games (again) with Michael and Aimee. Just started another Mandie book with Belle and Becca and I have Bible reading for my two Bible study groups.
School Stuff: We are waiting our frog for dissection. It is the whole kit. Michael Jr is so excited. We are learning all about the insides and how they work. I think he wants to do an eyeball next but sneaky momma has him signed up for a science day camp where he can dissect a sheep's brain next month!!
Picture to share:
It's our Bible verse this week.
2 Corinthians 9:6-7

























No comments:
Post a Comment