Our ladybug friends arrived in the mail yesterday.
We had to order them a bit early because with the weird weather the menacing aphids and grasshoppers have come out early and are eating all my good plants.
Can't have that.
Since I don't want to use pesticides I am limited to what I can use.
For example,
I use soapy water to spray the leaves of the plants and make it hard for the aphids to stick.
This year...that is so not working at all.
There are armies of them!!!
So I sent for our reinforcements myself!
The munchkins love when the ladybugs come anyway.
It is so neat to see them all over the yard.
We live on a busy corner so they do not stay very long, but some will.
It was great seeing them scare the aphids away.
They were literally falling off the rosebushes.
Fun fact: Ladybugs can eat up to 5000 aphids a day.
Hope my ladybugs are hungry!!!
See all the damage my poor plants have been through??
They are cheering for the ladybugs too!!
Yay Ladybugs!!
Save my plants!!
I so love ladybugs :)
























No comments:
Post a Comment