Monday, July 23, 2012

Oppose the U.N. Convention on the Rights of Disabled Persons

Oppose the U.N. Convention on the Rights of Disabled Persons

I know I have been away from blogging and now I keep posting things to look up or listen to that are political and very important. I was and am strongly against SB48 and was doing work to try and stop that. We will see what happens there but here is another situation that the government is trying to slip past us that is just wrong. The title "rights of disabled persons" looks like it is wonderful! It looks like finally people care about the disabled and are going to do something about helping them, make their lives easier. Ummm....no.
Its a clever facade. Pretty much it is a set of laws dictating how you can parent your special needs child. I know that there are some parents that need laws like these (and not all of them have special needs children) but this is wrong. I have called and voiced my opinion...Oppose the Treaty: Call the U.S. Capitol switchboard
at 202-224-3121

No comments: