Tuesday, December 8, 2009

simple CHRISTmas


Going for the simple CHRISTmas this year.
Cookies for the neighbors and teachers.
Cards for friends and family.
Clothes for the munchkins.
Simple decorations.
Nothing over the top this year.
On one hand I feel a little sad.
Like I am not doing it up enough for the kiddos.
On the other hand I am hoping to teach them that this is really the season of celebrating the birth of Jesus. We are listening to CHRISTmas music, baking, watching holiday specials together, lighting the fireplace while drinking hot cocoa with marshmallows and finding small inexpensive gifts to give each other. That was until Aimee's school had a CHRISTmas boutique today. I thought it would be just moms selling Southern Living, Tupperware and such. I was so wrong. It was so sweet. There were girls there Aimee's age who had baked goodies to sell, they had crocheted little hats and scarves, made cute little crafts, had gone to the Holy Land collected rocks from the Sea of Galilee and sold them. It was so sweet. I had to support them. I had not budgeted for this at all. I bought something from most of them.



I was really touched by their work.
I hope they sell all they brought.
It was really sweet.


No comments: