I know Aimee is a little old and Michael Jr is not a big fan of "cute-sie" things but I thought that this was adorable. I try to point out how important Jesus is in the whole Christmas picture and that it isnt about the presents every year. Last year we did have a Happy Birthday Jesus evening. Nothing big just us remembering why Christmas is so important. This year we are inviting Grandma to celebrate with us. Since we will be visiting family in another state this year we have planned to celebrate our Saviors birth on Friday.
I am so excited!
I think that I have planned a fairly good event for us.
We have the whole Woolly birthday box.
Aside from all the decorations that are in the box, Becca made the most gorgeous Happy Birthday Jesus sign (that I cant download onto my computer right now darn it) I have hung up.
We are making the the cake tonight.
I am making lasagna, carrot salad, and croutons for dipping.
My mom is bringing the green salad and an apple dessert.
Doesn't it sound yummy so far?
Then we have the Nativity movie to watch plus one for the mini munchkin, a bit more munchkin friendly. I have some little gifts for the kiddos to help them remember Jesus during the year. Then we have the bible readings all set and then I am hoping for some family game time. Not a video game but a board game where we can actually chit chat while we play.
I am really hoping to make this a family tradition.
Apart from the traditional Christmas where we seem to rush and stress to wrap, visit and buy till we have lost the true meaning of the holiday.
I want to celebrate the birth of Christ as a family just like he would have done.
He is an important part of our family and I don't want my kiddos to forget that.
So I am off to prep the house for our celebration!

I am so excited!
I think that I have planned a fairly good event for us.
We have the whole Woolly birthday box.
Aside from all the decorations that are in the box, Becca made the most gorgeous Happy Birthday Jesus sign (that I cant download onto my computer right now darn it) I have hung up.
We are making the the cake tonight.
I am making lasagna, carrot salad, and croutons for dipping.
My mom is bringing the green salad and an apple dessert.
Doesn't it sound yummy so far?
Then we have the Nativity movie to watch plus one for the mini munchkin, a bit more munchkin friendly. I have some little gifts for the kiddos to help them remember Jesus during the year. Then we have the bible readings all set and then I am hoping for some family game time. Not a video game but a board game where we can actually chit chat while we play.
I am really hoping to make this a family tradition.
Apart from the traditional Christmas where we seem to rush and stress to wrap, visit and buy till we have lost the true meaning of the holiday.
I want to celebrate the birth of Christ as a family just like he would have done.
He is an important part of our family and I don't want my kiddos to forget that.
So I am off to prep the house for our celebration!

























No comments:
Post a Comment