Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Adding a Little Color

Spring is here!!
I love all the new beginnings in the spring time.
This year I had Belle paint up some containers to put a few new plants for the season in.



Recycled items being reused.
Love doing that!!
She did such a lovely job too!
They are so bright and cheerful to look at!!
:)
We started planting some veggies while the creations  were drying.
A few tomato plants...
... red pepper...
...jalapeno...
...we have onions, lettuce, strawberries and herbs.
Belle has some beans planted too.
I think this year I am going to have her photograph the growth for a report/lapbook.
She planted all those plants herself too!!
 
Then we went over this Bible verse from 1 Corinthians 3:6-9,
 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.
 
It is truly important for us to remember that we must plant the Word of God in our hearts. We must water it with reading the Bible, doing good works, learning from our elders at church and such...we must help it, our faith, reach for deeper roots. Only with God can it grow. 
We WANT to grow with God!!
 
Simple lesson to start.
 
We are the seeds.
God helps us grow.
 
Watching the plants and continuing on this lesson I hope will make it a forever embedded lesson in her heart. 

Well we are off to the garden center to pick up some flowers for our new brightly colored pots.



No comments: