Monday, March 10, 2014

Dr Seuss Day

I know Dr Seuss day was last week but I wanted to share all the fun things that we did to celebrate the day.
I started out decorating the house with books.


I even made a little reading spot on the floor for us to hang out in while in our pj's all day!

Then I had a few projects for us to do. 
Here is the Wocket in our Pocket craft.
While I read the book, Becca and Belle made little Wockets to have as little reading buddies.
Here is how they turned out.


Then we read the story, Cat in the Hat and did a craft.
We made our own Cats with hats.
So cute!!
I also tried to have Dr Seuss inspired snacks for the kiddos.
To go with our Dr Seuss theme I came up with...

it was really good!!
Then we watched Horton Hears a Who and had...
and instead of Green Eggs and Ham we had...
Here is was Belle's response to our day.
 We had fun trying to balance 10 apples on our heads


 We watched the Lorax and made a Lorax head to put near our trees to protect them too.

Tons of coloring, rhyming worksheets, crafts and reading!!
I think it was a good day.

No comments: