
Senator McCain and Governor Palin ran a good race.
I just have to say that they showed so much class last night.
Sen. McCain made a wonderful speech. I loved it. He stood there his heart broken and gave inspiring words to support our new president elect Barack Obama. Gov. Palin with tears in her eyes stood up there with grace, smiling, supporting Sen. McCain as they stepped out of the race for presidency. I know they were both in so much pain yet they did not stoop to belittle our new president. I respect them so much for that.
I also must say that I respect our new president elect Barack Obama for his speech as well. He did not have a big show of "Ha Ha I Won& You Didn't!" either. No pomp, he just walked out there with his family and spoke. He spoke from his platform and began his term also with class.
I liked that as well.

This will be a new four years.
We will and have changed as a country.
We have a president of mixed race.
Interesting.
Does this mean my children now have a better life?
Will more opportunities be open to them if they so choose now?
I wonder how this will all play out.
I am encouraged by how this has begun,
with class and good manners.
























1 comment:
this was a great, beautiful post.
although i was not a mccain supporter before the election, i thought his speech was gracious and magnificent. it was the best speech i have heard him give in a long time. it was beautiful. honestly, i almost didn't watch the speech because i was getting tired and just wanted to go to bed, but once i started listening, i couldn't stop. i'm glad i stayed awake because it changed my opinion of him a bit.
Post a Comment