
Oh my goodness!
What have I done?
I have volunteered AGAIN!!!
I am the Team Mom for both Michael Jr and Becca's soccer teams.
What was I thinking?
AAAAAHHHHHH!
Oh well, at least I will be able to say that I have done it and won't have to do it again.
:)
Positive:
The kids had their first games this weekend.
Michael Jr's team rocks!
They are so incredibly good. Not one showoff or clown on the team.
Oh so awesome!
Becca...
her team?
Well not quite so wonderful.
The kids are nice, don't get me wrong, its just that there is not a lot of motivation there.
They look cute and their name is great.
They are the Sharks.
This team just started off bad.
Our coach quit 5 days before our first game, he never even called us to have any practice or let us know we had a team even. So one really sweet dad took over the team that Wednesday night. We had our first practice the next day, which was Thursday and our first game was Saturday. It was a massacre by the way.
So we are just not really together yet as a team.
Oh well.
The kids are having fun and you cant have an awesome team every time or it would be boring and you wouldn't learn good sportsman ship for loosing gracefully I suppose.
Becca still looks cute running around after that ball too!
We have practice again tonight.
Maybe the kids will surprise me and just rock that field.
Oh and check it out I am picking the player party this time since I am Team Mom.
I personally am so tired of the same old Shakey's party. I really am hating that place. We have to buy our own greasy pizza and over carbonated drinks then the kids are all about the quarters for the 15 video games they have there. Only 11 will work and the other 4 keep snaking the kids quarters that Shakeys says "oh that's too bad" and does not even put an "out of order" sign on. So I am moving my greasy pizza party to the bowling alley.
Yup it is more expensive, but the kids will be entertained without quarters. We can have cake and pizza, families can play in a few of the lanes, then we can give out trophies and be done.
I think this will be much better.
Also no bobble head trophies will be delivered here.
They are stupid.
The kids break them before they even get them home.
Okay not my kids, but I have seen quite a few of their team mates break them within like 10 minutes. When I order them I will post a picture of what we get. I have a good idea of a generic type of trophy, not to boy or to girl...we will see what I can find.
Any other ideas that you have tried and turned out great would be wonderful.
Please share the wealth!!!
I love using other peoples positive ideas!

























3 comments:
Just found your site and stopping by to say Hi! Great post and I love your title. Sometimes I think my sons 1st word will be "blog"!
Just stopping by to catch up:)
Hugs, Sandy
Happy Easter!
Post a Comment