Monday, April 13, 2009

my Lent is over

My season of Lent is over.
Jesus has risen and our family has celebrated!

If you hadn't guessed, I gave up blogging for Lent this year.
That was so much harder than I thought it would be.
Father had commented that we all give up something but it is usually something we already know we are okay without or we have planned for so it isn't that bad. The point of Lent is to give something up for God Like how Jesus gave his LIFE for us, so it should mean something in our offering to God.
Not something stupid like I give up cleaning the toilet for 40 days. First of all that is gross. Second of all, how is that a sacrifice for you to stop doing that? No one loves to clean their toilet! How gross would that be after the 40 days anyway? Yuck! I had planned to give up television. I knew it was not going to be a biggie. So I would miss a few shows. The summer is filled with reruns and I could catch it again later. Father was right. I had not only picked something that was fairly easy but I had planned for my departure from it as well. At that moment, as I was hearing myself plan my blog for the next day, I decided to give up blogging for Lent.
I had no planned pretty exit for 40 days.
I just did it.
I just stopped hitting those keys and putting down all my silly happenings.
Wow.
You don't realize just how comforting a blog can be for your mind.
I used the time to pray and get closer to God instead.
It was nice.
But I am back to my keyboard and ready to share my little tidbits with whomever cares to read them. I have missed this.
Hope your Easter was wonderful.


No comments: