Thursday, November 12, 2009

Michael hates Math


Well, Michael Jr had his first RSP class the other day.
He said that it went ok. The teacher is nice and likes him but he just really HATES math.
He actually did finish his math work at school that day too. He stayed after school for an hour for extra help and that helped him to accomplish his math and a few other assignments.
This was the first time in a few years that he came home with only 30 minutes of homework!
That was really nice for me.
He couldn't believe he actually got to play after school!

Now in my searches to help Michael Jr at least enjoy school a little bit I found something that I tried on him yesterday. He absolutely loved it! It is a math program and he loves it!
He told me "this is why you should homeschool me mom. You know how I learn."
That was so awesome!
To top it off, the game was free to start!
The program is called
Timez attack.
It is a video game that teaches you multiplication.
I found it at www.bigbrainz.com




It is so cute. No real violence and positive reinforcement when the answers given are wrong.
Michael Jr learned more multiplication in one sitting then he has in a whole year at school. He even asked this morning if he could play it again!
This is from the boy that hates math.
We did just try the free down load yesterday, but for $40 I am willing to buy all they have to offer!






1 comment:

Grandma said...

In honor of Michael's triumph I am sending everyone early Advent Calendars!!
Yay Team Martinez!