
Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter
Lullabies, dreams, and love ever after.
Poems and songs with pipes and drums
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes.
~Author Unknown
It is the day of wearing the green!!
Yes I am proud to say I am Irish and this is the day set aside to celebrate that fact!!
I hate corned beef and cabbage, so that tradition will not be followed here, but others will for sure. Like the leprechauns usually hit our house at some point and time during the day here. They leave the munchkins little gold (chocolate) coins in little spots in the house. Some times they turn our milk green! Can you believe it? We keep our eyes open for them to see if we can catch any of them because Mom would really love to find their pot of gold!!!!
Yes, we know all the interesting true facts about St Patrick.
Not half as much fun as we have turned March 17th into over here at our house!!
The munchkins used to make little houses for the leprechauns and fairies to rest in on their travels of trickery, hoping that we would not have half as many tricks played on our family.
The munchkins started having homework and practices the night before and couldn't make them anymore. Now we just set out some painted birdhouses that they can rest in. It does cut down on finding your bed sideways or your underwear in your bookshelf. It just isn't as fun of a family moment this way. Maybe with Belle next year we can start it again :)
Hope you have a wonderful green day!!
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass to keep from falling off the earth. ~Irish Saying
























4 comments:
Happy green day to you too my friend!!!! It sounds like you make this day really fun at your house.
My Ste. Pattys day sucked. I forgot to make my corned beef. i'll be making it tomorrow though to make up for it. lol
Sounds like you had a great St. Patty's Day! I am hoping to be more organized to make Easter a cool one in our house this year.
Hello, my name is Ron
I'm a Christian blogger and I found your profile on another blog that I follow. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower if you want to.
God Bless You
Post a Comment