I think my grandmother would be proud of me although I am often made fun of.
I love to take care of my family.
I am that wife that gets up with her husband every morning to make him fresh coffee and pack his lunch. I do make him his lunch every day with a sandwich made on homemade bread. I do not have a dishwasher and actually wash my dishes by hand. I sew and love to make handmade gifts for others be it food gifts or little creations made with love.
I have dinner made and on the table between 5 and 5:30 every night.
I just love being a wife and mother.
I like to think that I follow bible teachings this way too.
At least that is what I try to be.
Some days I fail, but some days I shine.
I would like to think that I shine more days than I slack. Not trying to be pride filled either. I know I am an oddity. I see how others look at me for honoring my husband as I do. I hear their comments about how there is no way they would get up with their husband every morning. How their husband can make his own lunch. He is a big boy. They just want to sleep. I hear when they tease that I waste my time making homemade cookies for my husband. They say he could just pick some up at the store if he likes them so much. I hear how they make fun of the fact that I get ready just before he comes home from work so that I look nice when he walks in the door. I know and hear all of their comments. It is true to.
I could do all that.
Or I suppose not do all that I do for my husband.
Here is the thing though,
I am doing this for him, because I love him.
I could just sleep in when he gets up at 4 in the morning to go to work.
I could just sleep while he packs a lunch and ties his boots.
I could just snore while he is in traffic heading off to work for his family physically, so that we can be pampered with the niceties of life.
He might even still know that I love and appreciate him for that even without me getting up.
What I gain from getting up with him is far greater than rest.
I get to spend time with just him, no interruptions, every morning.
I get to put a little of my heart into his day from the very begining.
I have the luxsury of knowing that when he opens his lunch in the afternoon I will be on his mind. That every bite he takes from his sandwich he knows was made for him with love.
I get to kiss him goodbye when he leaves and be his last vision of home until he comes back and kisses me again.
I get to watch him leave every morning with him knowing that I am praying for him there at the window every single time he leaves.
He knows that he is important to me.
He knows that I honor him.
He knows I respect him.
He knows.
So as much as it can hurt being made fun of all the time. I know what I am doing is right.
I know this is what God wants me to do.
It is written in the Bible.
It just would have been so much easier if I had just been born earlier...
much, much earlier.

I have dinner made and on the table between 5 and 5:30 every night.
I just love being a wife and mother.
I like to think that I follow bible teachings this way too.
Titus 2:3-5 (New International Version, ©2010)
3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.At least that is what I try to be.
Some days I fail, but some days I shine.
I would like to think that I shine more days than I slack. Not trying to be pride filled either. I know I am an oddity. I see how others look at me for honoring my husband as I do. I hear their comments about how there is no way they would get up with their husband every morning. How their husband can make his own lunch. He is a big boy. They just want to sleep. I hear when they tease that I waste my time making homemade cookies for my husband. They say he could just pick some up at the store if he likes them so much. I hear how they make fun of the fact that I get ready just before he comes home from work so that I look nice when he walks in the door. I know and hear all of their comments. It is true to.
I could do all that.
Or I suppose not do all that I do for my husband.
Here is the thing though,
I am doing this for him, because I love him.
I could just sleep in when he gets up at 4 in the morning to go to work.
I could just sleep while he packs a lunch and ties his boots.
I could just snore while he is in traffic heading off to work for his family physically, so that we can be pampered with the niceties of life.
He might even still know that I love and appreciate him for that even without me getting up.
What I gain from getting up with him is far greater than rest.
I get to spend time with just him, no interruptions, every morning.
I get to put a little of my heart into his day from the very begining.
I have the luxsury of knowing that when he opens his lunch in the afternoon I will be on his mind. That every bite he takes from his sandwich he knows was made for him with love.
I get to kiss him goodbye when he leaves and be his last vision of home until he comes back and kisses me again.
I get to watch him leave every morning with him knowing that I am praying for him there at the window every single time he leaves.
He knows that he is important to me.
He knows that I honor him.
He knows I respect him.
He knows.
So as much as it can hurt being made fun of all the time. I know what I am doing is right.
I know this is what God wants me to do.
It is written in the Bible.
It just would have been so much easier if I had just been born earlier...
much, much earlier.
























No comments:
Post a Comment