America was the last place I thought I would see this.
I am so naive.
I think I just did not want to think about this subject.
I remember how disgusted I was when I learned that in other countries young boys were sold into slavery to serve their masters with physical labor during the day and then were beaten and raped by the same masters at night. Then I learned about the young girls in Thailand and other similar countries that are either bought as indentured servants or just plain kidnapped and turned into prostitutes. Girls as young as 4 are sold to perverts as their sex slaves. I am really disturbed by this. I have been living with blinders on apparently because I never even thought about the sex trade being here. Yes I knew that there were some people who found themselves in that industry. Yes I knew that most of them got there not having a wonderful home life. Yes I knew that drugs played a major part in most of their lives now and when they started. Yes I feel terrible for these souls as well. I never put together that pimps here will buy girls from other countries and keep them bound here as terrified young girls to be raped by strangers. These girls have no one to go to for help. They don't speak the language, They have no idea about there surroundings. They are beaten if they don't comply with what their pimps/kidnappers have them do or perform. How terrifying. The pimps don't just use girls from Asian countries either. They have no problem taking young girls in bad situations from our streets right here to. Girls who, if a person like me had gotten to them first and had listened and helped point them in the right direction to get back to a better place.
I am just really bothered by this.
I have been educating myself and my family on these atrocities.
I am sharing video posts that my family has even said should be shared as we find them.
We are trying to educate ourselves first.
Then share with others what we have learned.
Last we are trying to figure out the most productive thing we can do to help make things better.
This year we have decided that we as a family will be trying to learn about the moral injustices that are in our world today. It is important to realize just how fortunate we are. How much we have to thank God for in our lives. I know it is hard on the heart to hear and learn about these terrible things. My younger children get the breezed over versions but still need to know the wrong doings that are being done to others. I am hoping that they being so young and being awakened to the craziness of the evil others can perpetuate on the timid. Hopefully they can empower themselves to help the helpless.
This is what we have been studying in the bible and it seems to follow along with our moral injustice studies.
The Beatitudes - Matthew 5. 1-12
And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
I remember how disgusted I was when I learned that in other countries young boys were sold into slavery to serve their masters with physical labor during the day and then were beaten and raped by the same masters at night. Then I learned about the young girls in Thailand and other similar countries that are either bought as indentured servants or just plain kidnapped and turned into prostitutes. Girls as young as 4 are sold to perverts as their sex slaves. I am really disturbed by this. I have been living with blinders on apparently because I never even thought about the sex trade being here. Yes I knew that there were some people who found themselves in that industry. Yes I knew that most of them got there not having a wonderful home life. Yes I knew that drugs played a major part in most of their lives now and when they started. Yes I feel terrible for these souls as well. I never put together that pimps here will buy girls from other countries and keep them bound here as terrified young girls to be raped by strangers. These girls have no one to go to for help. They don't speak the language, They have no idea about there surroundings. They are beaten if they don't comply with what their pimps/kidnappers have them do or perform. How terrifying. The pimps don't just use girls from Asian countries either. They have no problem taking young girls in bad situations from our streets right here to. Girls who, if a person like me had gotten to them first and had listened and helped point them in the right direction to get back to a better place.
I am just really bothered by this.
I have been educating myself and my family on these atrocities.
I am sharing video posts that my family has even said should be shared as we find them.
We are trying to educate ourselves first.
Then share with others what we have learned.
Last we are trying to figure out the most productive thing we can do to help make things better.
This year we have decided that we as a family will be trying to learn about the moral injustices that are in our world today. It is important to realize just how fortunate we are. How much we have to thank God for in our lives. I know it is hard on the heart to hear and learn about these terrible things. My younger children get the breezed over versions but still need to know the wrong doings that are being done to others. I am hoping that they being so young and being awakened to the craziness of the evil others can perpetuate on the timid. Hopefully they can empower themselves to help the helpless.
This is what we have been studying in the bible and it seems to follow along with our moral injustice studies.
The Beatitudes - Matthew 5. 1-12
And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
....we have so much more to learn.
























No comments:
Post a Comment