Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our bible discussions this week...


Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD:
and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man;
so are children of the youth. Happy is the
man that hath his quiver full of them:
they shall not be ashamed, but they shall
speak with the enemies in the gate.
~ Psalm 127:3-5
 

This is what the children and I are discussing for our Bible time this week.
It seems to be such a controversial subject as of late, how many children should families have.
I think you should have as many as God thinks you should have.
It is just between you, your spouse and the Lord.

I felt so bad speaking to this woman at Lowe's yesterday. She seemed to want to hide the fact that all 8 of her grandchildren she was talking to me about were from just one of her daughters. That was until I shared how lucky I thought her daughter to be. I told her that I thought that was such a blessing and I meant it. How wonderful to have so many little ones in her home and heart! Then the woman seemed to feel more comfortable bragging about the little ones and her daughter. Why do others feel the need to punish the families that are not what they consider correct?
Who says how many children we are each supposed to have?
I think some people actually put value into human life instead of the brand and  year of their television. Our world today seems to think that your value is only as to how much you have and what brand your belongings are. So sad. So sad.

It is amazing what your children will say when they actually start realizing that most commercials are actually more self centered than God centered. I love that they are saying things now like "wow we could buy that at Goodwill and give the rest of the money to an organization to make the world better."  It is true to. God is not going to see me in heaven and say " Great job Aimie! You only bought stuff that was name brand and over priced! You lived way beyond your means so that your kids were the best dressed in the county and your house was decorated like it was in a magazine!! Right on! You gave the least amount possible to your church for tithing and gave only your time to charitable organizations when the holidays were around or when the most amount of people would be witness to your so called good deeds! Good job girl! Heaven is so lucky to have you!!" I want Him to see me and say " I gave you 4 children by birth and you loved them. You taught them My word. You took others in when they needed to be. You comforted them for Me. You and your husband together were given each other and have loved each other. You remembered to keep Me part of  your marriage and that kept it stronger. The strength that others saw there let them know Me through you. You chose Me, and I choose you."

 I know I have gotten off topic a bit but that is how our conversation has been turning.
I love how a few simple lines from the Bible can just make their minds explode with thoughts.
I love to see where it takes our lesson.

This is how my quiver began looking at things this week...

:)


1 comment:

Stacey said...

My daughter always wants to know why the commercials are almost always about stuff you really don't need instead of about how to help those who are in need. It blesses my heart. We have been blessed with one child through adoption. I'd be very happy with a bunch more, but that is in God's hands. Very good post!