Monday, May 9, 2011

our state testing accomplishments!!!

Yes, this was us for a few weeks.
That is why I have not had time to blog.
We had mandatory state testing.
We homeschool but through the PSP that we school through it is mandatory to have state testing once a year. My son hates testing. 
That is an understatement.
He gets so nervous that he makes himself sick.
He gets in a terrible mood too.
It is never pretty at our house when Michael is being tested.

So we practiced, and practiced, and practice tested.
It is so hard to keep a 3 year old quiet for that many days and for so many hours but with God's grace she did it!!
He did tons of practice tests and actually did very well on them.
I was impressed.
He was not.
He still felt that he was not going to do well.
I told him repeatedly that it didn't matter how well or how not so well he might do on the test it is purely for me to know how to educate him better next year. His nerves continued to go overboard on the crazy scale though.

Here we were the day of the testing, Aimee was babysitting Belle so I could be there just with Michael for support and to get him situated. Poor guy, I could read his face with the agony he was going through. I got him to his class, found him a seat, then went to speak to his teacher about his nerves (under the disguise of "where is lunch located?"). She said she would watch out for him. Well with as much "help" as I had gotten from the public school system I figured that amounted to nothing.

I was wrong.

I went outside to pray.
I prayed and prayed for my son.
I was sure he was in there alone.

I prayed for Jesus to be at his side and to comfort him so that he could be confident that he had done his best.

Apparently, the teacher prayed the same thing.
She did so for all the children, with all the children.
What a difference that made.

What an amazing difference!
 He came out of his first day of testing (they have 3 days) smiling!
I have never seen that in all of his schooling days.
He came out confident that he had done his best.
He came out calm.
He came out happy.
The next day my super hero son did not even complain about having to get up and go to testing.
He just was ready.
He left the testing just as confident as the first day of testing.
Amazing.
Then the third day he even woke up early to get ready to go and helped Becca get ready for school too! That is unheard of in this house.
Again he came out of testing, early this time, feeling that he had done a really good job.
I could careless what the test shows me at this point.
My son kicked it to the curb!
He overpowered his fear of testing and feeling that tests proved him to be of no value to anyone with the help of Jesus!

I am so PROUD of him!
I am so happy!

I am so blessed!!





No comments: