Thursday, February 27, 2014

Blast From My Past~ Craft

Do you remember making colored pasta?

I do not mean for eating.
Old school colored pasta for creating projects and necklaces.
I remember making that stuff in church one year and adding it to my bag for babysitting munchkins. Now that Rebecca is starting to babysit (yes she is CPR certified already) I thought she might enjoy putting some in her bag to take with her too. 
This is the simplest recipe ever.

WHAT YOU NEED:
Rubbing alcohol 
uncooked pasta
food coloring drops
paper cups or something to put the noodles in.

Yup. That is it.
This is all you have to do to.

STEPS:
1. Fill paper cup with dry noodles.
2. Cover noodles with rubbing alcohol in paper cup. Yes, all the way to the top.
3. Put in 15+ drops of color of your choice from your food coloring drops.
4. Wait 8 hours, drain, then lay them out on some paper towels to dry. Personally I put them on paper towels but I had wax paper under that. I had them on my cookie pans and did not want to damage them. Not sure if it would have but I was playing it safe.

Here are some pictures of the noodles after soaking 8 hours.


 
 Here is Rebecca draining them.
This is how we lined them up to dry out.

This project pretty much this takes a whole day to make.
Look at the colors though!
Perfect for tactile play and making crafts.
***REMEMBER YOU CAN NOT EAT THIS PASTA!!!***
 
I think sometimes old school is way cool!!

No comments: