Tuesday, August 12, 2008

eco footprint


Yes I am a big geek when it comes to me doing my part to save the planet. I just really want my kids and grand kids to get to enjoy the planet with out stepping over mountains of trash, drinking contaminated water or having to breathe with a mask on because the sky is filled with pollution. I found this neat website that will give you a ecofootprint score if you take their quiz. It is just a little one, barely takes any time at all. It asks questions like do you take your own shopping bags to the store and do you use EnergyStar appliances? Just one or two of these things really makes a difference. I took the quiz and I scored a 78 out of 100. That made my day!:) Here is the link if you want to see just how big of a footprint you are leaving on the earth.




I apparently need to get solar stuff if I want a higher score. Have you seen the price of solar panels? If you could afford to put them on your house you are not worried about your electric bill rates because you are rich already! Even solar water heaters are expensive. The big sell with them is they will pay for themselves in 20 years. That is all well and good but I want to be able to afford them NOW! In 20 years they will hopefully be a lot cheaper and everyone will have them. What about the regular people who just want to produce clean energy and share with others while not hurting the planet? Give me time I will find a way. Watch me.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I only got 55...but a lot of the questions don't apply to me, so maybe I'm not so sloppy. Like, I don't tent OR motorhome travel, don't sail OR motorboat, etc. Have no backyard, etc. I did just add three environmentally friendly cleaning products to my home this week. ;0)

Aimie said...

Good for you! I just think being aware of your imprint is important. If everyone can make theirs just a little bit smaller it will make such a big difference. :)