Friday, August 1, 2008

Water Barrel

We got our big emergency water barrel yesterday. They are just as big as I remembered. It really came pretty quickly from CT all the way here in CA. Very cool though. I got the pump and the purification drops too. I think I am going to order another one next month. I am gonna make sure that this one has a spout at the bottom and we can use that one for watering plants with left over rain water. Not that it rains very much here. Hopefully I will be able to collect enough to water in the spring... at the very least. Every little bit helps.

I do feel good to that it is a recycled product that is being used for something very important for my family if a terrible situation ever arrives. It might never be needed but it is there and is a comfort for the just in case.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Ah, yes...the 55 gal. blue barrel! I think of them with great nostalgia! Good choice for peace of mind and family safety!!