Okay, we are still practicing our walking skills.
Walking for me and the older kiddos is not the practice we need.
Belle on the other hand...it is kinda far for a little 3 year old.
So I am kinda working on carrying a small child while walking 1 1/2 miles!!
LOL!!!
On an amazing note, I had made a personal goal to take $100 to the walk-a-thon.
I prayed to God that I really wanted to be able to take this amount at least even if I was going to have to pay for it all out of our own pockets. I don't like asking others for donating to things either. I hated when the kiddos would come home and have fundraisers that we were supposed to hit up the family for. I mean I always feel guilty when friends send those things my way and I can't afford anything they are offering (like the $10 for a dozen cookies or $15 for a roll of wrapping paper!!) or don't like anything they are selling. So I hate putting others in the same spot. This time I asked anyway.
I sent out to the family a small request.
I said that we were doing this as a family to save the babies (living or dead) and their families.
If they could support even one of the kids on the walk, even with only $1 it would help.
I sent them out and heard nothing back.
Great. I am going to have to come up with this $100 that I promised God I would get in there for the walk-a-thon. I kept praying.
"Lord, we really don't have the $100 to give right now but I have committed it to you. If you could even have one person send me $10 it would help so much."
He answered.
That morning I got an email from my sister-in-law pledging $10!
Sweet Jesus! Thank you!!!
I was dancing with joy!
I know it was $10 but that was such a blessing for me! Now I only needed to come up with $90.
Sunday at church the tithing plate came by. I really can' afford to put my tithe in there and pay the $90 to Choices for the walk-a-thon. What do I do?
I put my faith in God and put my tithe in the plate.
"Okay God. I know with you I can do this."
Now I am really scared though.
Do you think I can put post dated checks in the walk-a-thon pledge envelope??
Ugghh.
Guess what we got in the mail....
a check from one of my brother-in-laws!
A pledge for $50 for the walk-a-thon!!
We now have a grand total of $60 in donations!!!
I am so happy!
I know this walk-a-thon is for something that some people are truly against.

This group is pro-life yes.
It is so much more though.
This is a group that wants women to see that they have choices.
Abortion is not the only way out of an unplanned pregnancy.
If a woman is questioning if this is right for her then she should have more than just the Planned Parenthood people there telling her that abortion is her only option. They just want her money.
There are many more choices.
There are people who do not know you but are there to help you make the best decision for you and then be there for you after if it was the right decision or not.
The fact that something this controversial I received 2 pledges to me is huge.
We don't talk politics/morals/values very often in family situations so as not to upset anyone.
Probably because our immediate family is so different.
We shout praises to the Lord, daily.
We homeschool.
We make sure we are a tight family.
We eat healthy.
We eat as much organic as possible.
We are Republican.
We stand on out morals and values.
We are teaching our kids to stand up for what is right even if it means you get mocked or laughed at for them.
This group has taught my children so much already.
Now with the donations that were not expected my children have seen the power of prayer work even on this level.
How amazing is that!!
So so excited to see where this "walk" is going to take us next!
























No comments:
Post a Comment