Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lent Event


During Lent we tried to have a church cleaning event.
We really did not think that very many people would show up and we were right.
I mean who really likes to clean so much that they would go somewhere else to clean for fun?
Well those people dont attend our church.
We did have a few and got some maintenance accomplished.
We oiled all the benches around the church.
They sucked down so much oil that Pam and I came back the next week to try it again.
They ended up looking quite nice.
We also scrubbed the fountain and re painted it.
It is soooo much better to.
Pamela and I are going to keep up as much as we can during the year so it will be easier next year for us.

We actually that night even made supper for the family that just had a baby and wrapped all the candles for the Easter Vigil. It was productive and we were truely proud of what a small group of people with good hearts can do together.

No comments: