Tuesday, October 6, 2009

memorable



You know how when you first have your little angel every single thing they do just imprints upon your heart. The way they gurgle and look up at you. They way they grasp your hand so trusting and nuzzle into your arms. Then they get bigger and you watch them learn to explore. The whole world is new and wonderful and you see everything through their eyes into your soul.
That is just so amazing.

Teen years hit and you have fewer of those amazing moments that hit your heart. I feel so lucky right now that I am able to home school my teen. I am having more of those wonderful heartfelt moments with her. She has so much insight that she has been able to express to me during our studies of the bible and history. She is so bright. She would never have felt so comfortable to ask the questions she is asking or relate her feelings to what we are studying if she had been in a brick and mortar classroom. The best part is being able to be there as her mind is forming the opinions that will be the foundation for the rest of her life.
What an amazing gift she and God have given me.
I feel truly blessed today.




Maybe the teens don't have to be as bad as I keep hearing they are.

No comments: