Monday, September 8, 2008

miss my market

I have not been going out as much since I had my teeth yanked out of my head. That means that I have not been to my organic farmers market in 2 weeks (gasp!). I just wanted to run into just one store, see as few people as possible and run and hide back in my house. I know that seems a bit vain but I feel like I look like I was just in a bar fight and lost to then be hung out to dry by my hair. Okay a bit over the top there, but you get the idea.

Anyway our family misses our farmers! They have become part of our family weekend routine. There food tastes way better as well. I feel guilty now buying food that was mass grown and shipped instead of buying from my local farmers. I actually feel that I have hurt my farmers by having my teeth pulled and not visiting them. I wonder if they have noticed that I have not been there? Do they wonder where that lady is with all the kids that want to taste EVERYTHING before they buy it?The wierd lady who says that 25 lbs of oranges is just not enough for 1 week? The woman that is bummed when her organic coffee grower is not there? I sure miss them.

Oh and the kids wont eat as much of their fruit and veggies now either. Go figure. They still eat them, just not as much. I still have fruit from last week in there that nobody really wants. They said it "tastes funny". Go organic you will never go back.

Maybe if I go in a big floppy hat.....

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I'm sorry your ex-teeth still give you pain!!! In the old movies there was always a mysterious lady with a lace veil-and a big hat. You'd be mobbed at the market for an autograph. Maybe you could try the middle eastern look for modest face presentation. I think you could get away with a lot of dental damage under one of the more religious outfits. Or, maybe an early masquerade ball mask?

I actually saw a lady trying to be green and thrifty in the local pool today. Everyone wears a big straw hat in the swim class, but they are mostly stylish within the last ten years. This dearie wore one of those 1944 type straw bonnets with gobs and gobs of big BIG roses on the crown.Gotta give itto her for using something she already had!!

Aimie said...

Oh gosh.
Maybe I will just not smile?
Easier than the outfits.
Thank you though.