Friday, September 12, 2008

Yellow


There are so many beautiful things in this world that are yellow.
Look how pretty these flowers are dancing in the sunlight.
Beautiful shade of yellow.
They just pop right out of the screen at you.
Lovely.
That is where I feel that the yellow should stay.
Why enhance our food to look more yellow?
I have been avoiding the yellow dyes in our food since I found out just how bad they can be for you and that they basically serve NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE at all. Why would we put them in our food then? The yellow dyes can cause itching of the neck, upper back, arms and the backs of hands. All summer long my munchkins have had healthy food and have been feeling well. School started a few weeks ago and I let the kids buy school lunch one day this week. I made sure that no red dye could be in the lunch yesterday, they were serving tacos and peaches. I forgot about the yellow, because I would make these from organic peaches and soft flour tortillas for the tacos. The school uses canned peaches and hard taco shells. The yellow dye is used to make the food look more appealing to eat. Both Michael and Becca came home itching. It is one of the side effects of yellow dye, itching. Poor munchkins. I have cleaned out their systems enough that even small amounts of unnatural edibles I guess effects them. Which I think is good in some aspects. Hopefully in their future they will make healthy eating choices this way, actually physically feeling that what I have taught them about the negative effects of certain additives to their foods can do. I can't keep them away from all of the bad foods, I do realize this. I just hope I can keep them close to the right track. I want them to eat food for health and because it tastes naturally good not because there is added color to make it pretty.
Watch what you eat and see if the yellow dyes have any changes for you.

No comments: