
Can you believe that it has been 7 years since the horrific attack on our country that took so many American lives? I know I was stunned that day. I can remember that day so clearly. Aimee was confused about what was on the TV and I was trying not to seem to interested while I was trying to decide whether or not to
even send her to school. I ended up taking her figuring that she would be safe there and away from the sadness that was erupting from the screen. The images were insane. This was America! We do not have these terrorist type of events! What was going on? My security was rocked to the core. I still had Michael and Becca at home to care for so I had to put on the airs of calmness. I remember that I was just so full of hurt for those poor families of the people in those buildings and planes, pride for the heroes who went to help others and a fierce anger toward whoever it was who concocted this outrageous plan and followed through with it. I think I was praying for the world that entire day. I still am horrified by the actions of those people who thought so little of human life to have so violently ripped them from the earth and tortured their loved ones still to this day. It has left such a dark spot in thousands of families and friends hearts that can never be healed, just a stronger scar forms a bit more every day. I am fortunate that I did not personally know anyone that was killed in the attack or their families, yet this remembered day, my heart is aching with pain for them. The men, women and children who just got up and went about their daily lives not intending harm on anyone and never got to hold their loved ones again either because of their death or the destruction of someone they loved. My prayers are with you. I wish I could do more.

1 comment:
This horrible day damaged our country in so many unseen ways,so unanticipated, so beyond comprehension. Your recount of the way it was brings my own into focus, teaching those special ed kids that day, and trying to help them grasp it. The principal told us not to mention it, as if it wasn't happening. I never listened to the principal very well anyway, and this advice just seemed to beyond dumb to pay attention to that day. We made a huge American flag out of butcher paper and put it up outside on our classroom wall, with pictures of people helping one another. As you said so well, wish I could have done more.
Post a Comment