Thursday, October 30, 2008

Enough already!

Yes I am gonna do a quick rant right now. I do realize that it is election time right now but I am really sick of the mud throwing that is going on here in this area! Believe it or not it is not the vote for President that seems to be getting so many people angry. It is over prop 8. Good golly people! If you don't live here prop 8 is about keeping marriage traditional or not. It is to the point that I see the signs that are yes to traditional marriage vandalized with "pro-hate" scribbled on them. How mature is that? I am supposed to be swayed to vote with the taggers by that action? Why would anyone then put an opposing views sign in their yard to be associated with angry taggers? Don't we live in America where we can state our opinion one way or the other and it is supposed to be okay?

Mercy people, have you not looked at some of the other measures that we have to vote on? How about Prop 2? The one about standards for confining animals that lay eggs, veal cows and pregnant pigs. Hello? Isn't anyone going to rage about that one? Shouldn't all animals be treated humanely?

What about Prop 4? Should parents be notified before a teen girl has an abortion? Wow that is a big one. We all know that teens take a lot longer to make a decision than adults and this is such a life changing one and they do have a time frame to make their decision in. Should they be allowed to do this alone? What about the girls in dangerous situations that can't tell their parents. Why are their not big discussions about this one? I think that this one is MAJOR and no I don't know how I will vote on it yet.

How about Prop 9? Victim's rights as consideration for bail or parole of a criminal. Let's see this will cost a bunch of $$ to the state but if I were a victim I would consider this priceless. Why are their no groups pushing this proposition through? Where are all the signs? Where are all the comercials?

It seems to me that voters need to open up their sample ballots and information pamphlets and really get down and study what they are voting on. It is not just one or two propositions and a Vice President. There is a whole lot that needs to be explored in the next 5 days. Voters need to quit arguing over one religious question and focus on ALL of the measures. They are just as important. Please be informed voters, not just angry ones.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Yes. Well. Even the oldsters here in this retirement community of 18,000 people agree that Prop 8 is really a civil rights issue, and that religious communities retain theright to marry, or not marry, two people for any reason, such as being of different faiths, and won't get sued. Keeping animals in shoebox size cages? Barbarian, but Prop 2 is not meriting any yard signs. I, too, am exhausted from all the meanspirited conflict and one sidedness of "We the People" who are trying to hammer out a more perfect union. if only all the people who are yelling their points of view about politics would just look into their hearts and wallets and share what little they may have with those who have less the world itself would be a more perfect union as intended in the Family of God.
Proud of you girl!