
This is not my house.
It could have been last night though.
Holy cow!
I send my kids outside to play all the time.
I think that the outdoors is very good for them.
The air (even though it is filled with smog) and the sun I think is very important.
Yesterday, I sent the middle munchkins into the backyard to practice their soccer before their official soccer practice was to start. I was not going to let them in the front yard to play soccer anymore since they broke a sprinkler head and a ton of the new plants are toast. There is just less room in the back yard due to the addition going on there. Any way off they went when suddenly we heard a loud CRASH.
Great.
We went out back to find that they had kicked the ball so hard against the garage that it jumped up and broke the security light. It was in tons of tiny shards on the asphalt.
$$chi-ching$$
Okay, I sent them out there.
Let's just clean this up and you two be more careful!
I swear not 5 minutes later...
GUSH!
"Mom come quick! There is water everywhere!"
Sure enough Michael and I go outside and they had moved to a different area and had kicked the ball so hard that it broke the sprinkler line that is connected through the back yard spigot.
Water was flowing everywhere.
That would not be an exaggeration.
Michael had to turn off the whole house water.
Then thank God he can fix things because he took apart the pipes and disconnected the sprinklers but left the spigot. I can use the hose to water but no sprinklers. But happy thought we have the water on in the house and did not have to call a plumber for an emergency evening visit. That would have cost us a fortune.
Needless to say we did not attend either soccer practice last night.
We do have a beautiful river in our backyard though.
It could have been last night though.
Holy cow!
I send my kids outside to play all the time.
I think that the outdoors is very good for them.
The air (even though it is filled with smog) and the sun I think is very important.
Yesterday, I sent the middle munchkins into the backyard to practice their soccer before their official soccer practice was to start. I was not going to let them in the front yard to play soccer anymore since they broke a sprinkler head and a ton of the new plants are toast. There is just less room in the back yard due to the addition going on there. Any way off they went when suddenly we heard a loud CRASH.
Great.
We went out back to find that they had kicked the ball so hard against the garage that it jumped up and broke the security light. It was in tons of tiny shards on the asphalt.
$$chi-ching$$
Okay, I sent them out there.
Let's just clean this up and you two be more careful!
I swear not 5 minutes later...
GUSH!
"Mom come quick! There is water everywhere!"
Sure enough Michael and I go outside and they had moved to a different area and had kicked the ball so hard that it broke the sprinkler line that is connected through the back yard spigot.
Water was flowing everywhere.
That would not be an exaggeration.
Michael had to turn off the whole house water.
Then thank God he can fix things because he took apart the pipes and disconnected the sprinklers but left the spigot. I can use the hose to water but no sprinklers. But happy thought we have the water on in the house and did not have to call a plumber for an emergency evening visit. That would have cost us a fortune.
Needless to say we did not attend either soccer practice last night.
We do have a beautiful river in our backyard though.
























2 comments:
Oi! Creepers! Oh my! Lions and tigers and bears! Oh MY! I hope this morning Lake Martinez is beginning to receed and no flamingoes or egrets have taken up residence in your yard!
Oh so you have visited our river have you?
Post a Comment