Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas gift


Okay, I have this awesome idea for the munchkins this year. I am getting them each a journal.
No, it is not for them to fill out themselves. I am sure that Aimee could now that teenage status has arrived. All her private thoughts will need to go somewhere but that is for another day.
I am getting each munchkin a journal for CHRISTmas that I will be writing in. Not everyday, just maybe once a week or so. I want to write when they have done something kind, or made me smile, just little blurps about how much I love them. I guess kind of like a baby book for older kids. Then next year they can each open them up and see all sorts of wonderful things I thought they did. Maybe they can even leave there own comments in there after that. Then IF I can do a good job of this then maybe I can start this as a tradition.

My only hardship with this so far is that I can't find a boy looking journal.
The girls I have no problem, but where do you find a nice battlefield journal or Sonic the hedgehog journal or a video game looking journal?
I am going to be stuck with black.
Not very Michael.
Yes I could cover it with stickers. Tacky though.
If anyone has seen a journal that looks real young boy like please drop me a note! I would love to find one before CHRISTmas so that I can have one entry before that day.

Well anyway this is my plan. Let's see if I can pull it off.

No comments: