Tuesday, December 30, 2008

three things

I know this is silly but in a dream I had last night I had to leave my house really quick. I did not know if I would ever be able to come back to it and I did not know where I was going to end up. All I was allowed to take was 1 suitcase of clothes for each person and 3 personal items. It sounds like the last 7th Heaven episode, but I was dreaming so humor me. Once you jam the cases full of clothes, you have to bring cold and warm because you don't know where you will be or for how long, what do you bring?



In my dream I wanted to bring first my photos, oven and books. It was a dream so I could fit my family and an oven in my van. Then practical me started slipping in. I have 3 daughters. Maybe I should leave the photos and take feminine products. I don't know how long I will be gone. That could be important. Okay my oven. Yes I love it. How am I gonna plug it in if I am stuck living in a camp ground? So maybe I should take my camping stove. Books. Yes I must have books, but only one? Which one? I love so many. The bible I can teach my munchkins out of and we can then take our faith in solid form not just in our hearts. That would work.




Okay those are all great things but I NEED my COFFEE in the morning. A coffee maker would be 4 things. Pots and pans for my camping stove would make 6 things. I need a spoon to stir. That is 7. What about toilet paper? I am not that keen on the idea of drip and dry nor do I favor the leaf option. Soap? I do enjoy a clean body and clothes. Blankets? Pillows? Board games? Music? candles? Flashlights? A toilet? First aid? Medicines? Fresh fruit? For some reason I had canned food in the van already. What about a generator? That would rock. Then we need gas to run it. What about....

.

I woke up feeling so spoiled. We just had CHRISTmas and got so many lovely things that are just for spoiling. I am incredibly blessed. I really do have so much more than so many others. If I have my family(1) food(2) shelter(3) and God, the rest will find a way. It is a good question to ask yourself though. What would you bring? What are the 3 things that are most important to you?

2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

I often think of how I live. I live in a very small home with only two bedrooms and their are five of us. WE have only one bathroom and our kitchen and living room are one room and not that large. It is cramped and messy because we have so much in it. If I start to complain then I think how good we have it compared to so many others. So I know we have everything we need to be happy and survive so I need to zip it and be thankful.

My stove is the last thing I would want to take. Course it would fit in my van as it is tiny. We only have a convection oven!! lol

Aimie said...

I have seen how much love your family shares! Our home is not that much bigger than yours (yet), so I know that it is true, love grows in small houses! :)