Thursday, January 15, 2009

memory verse




I always think it is a good idea to study something.
I have been a stay at home mommy for a long time and I just don't want to be only thinking about diapers and playdates all the time. I read stuff all the time and I try to take classes here and there to figure out what I want to be after the munchkins don't need me as much anymore.
I want to have intelligent things to talk about with other adults when I am around them, not just sing the ABC's and when I am going to be potty training Belle.
So to make myself more interesting,
I joined a group of ladies who have committed
to memorize passages from the Bible for a year.
You learn two verses a month,(not hard at all) and then by the end of the year you have 24 verses committed to memory.
Groovy huh?
Here is the one I am working on this week:

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV


I am hoping it will keep fresh in my mind that God does have a plan for me and my family. He does want the best for us. He does want us to prosper. Just like any father would want for his children. I really like this verse.

I think that the way our country is headed economically it is important for me to remember this too. Head my life in the proper direction, His direction, and my family and I will be on the right path.

2 comments:

(de)Caffeinated Mom said...

I needed to hear that verse today. You know the days.....the baby is teething and crying ALL day long. The preschooler is going around the house making one mess after another and I'm thinking...."Lord, is this really IT?!" =) Thankfully His strength is perfect with all our strength is gone!

Grandma said...

Good, wholesome food for the soul!