I have been so lucky that my hubby has been home with me the last four days.
It was a little vacation for us.
We did not go anywhere like Mexico, but we had family time and that was priceless.
We did have a plan to go see the floats from the Rose Parade.
We thought that would be a great memory to give our little munchkins.

Yeah well so did everyone else.
We LOVE football over here.
My hubby and I always watch the Rose Bowl together on New Years Day.
It's tradition.
We decided to give that up this year and take the kids to see the floats.
We assumed that everyone else loves football as much as we do and would be watching the game so we could go down to the park and check out the floats during the game with out a bunch of tourists.
Ha ha!
It took us an hour to get there, an hour to park a good 1 1/2 miles away (and I am being generous) to find out they closed the ticket booth 30 minutes before we got there (which was 2 hours early) because they had sold out, too many people had come before us!
Rotten luck.
That is okay.
Let's take the kids to the new Bob's Big Boy that opened up.
We saw it on the way here.
Cool idea!
We told the munchkins all about how we used to go to this restaurant when we were younger.
Went in and ordered.
Food was okay.
You get more at Elephant Bar that is for sure!
It was $60 after the tip.
For okay burgers.
Insane!
We went home then and put in Death Race(action movie).
Ate chips & bean dip and wondered why we even left the house.
Oh well the idea was good.
We did have good conversations with the munchkins in the van too.
I guess the day was worthwhile anyway.
Next year we can see the floats and the game!
I will bring Taco Bell though!
It was a little vacation for us.
We did not go anywhere like Mexico, but we had family time and that was priceless.
We did have a plan to go see the floats from the Rose Parade.
We thought that would be a great memory to give our little munchkins.

Yeah well so did everyone else.
We LOVE football over here.
My hubby and I always watch the Rose Bowl together on New Years Day.
It's tradition.
We decided to give that up this year and take the kids to see the floats.
We assumed that everyone else loves football as much as we do and would be watching the game so we could go down to the park and check out the floats during the game with out a bunch of tourists.
Ha ha!
It took us an hour to get there, an hour to park a good 1 1/2 miles away (and I am being generous) to find out they closed the ticket booth 30 minutes before we got there (which was 2 hours early) because they had sold out, too many people had come before us!
Rotten luck.
That is okay.
Let's take the kids to the new Bob's Big Boy that opened up.
We saw it on the way here.
Cool idea!
We told the munchkins all about how we used to go to this restaurant when we were younger.
Went in and ordered.
Food was okay.
You get more at Elephant Bar that is for sure!
It was $60 after the tip.
For okay burgers.
Insane!
We went home then and put in Death Race(action movie).
Ate chips & bean dip and wondered why we even left the house.
Oh well the idea was good.
We did have good conversations with the munchkins in the van too.
I guess the day was worthwhile anyway.
Next year we can see the floats and the game!
I will bring Taco Bell though!
























1 comment:
Happy New Year, y'all! The movie fest really sounded great! It would have been tops to see the floats, even just to get close enough to smell their fragrance! Well, you six had an adventure in urban hiking didn't you! How well I remember the Pasadena urban hike, walking alternative school students all over Pasadena to teach them how to get places in their home town! Add in a few hundred thousand extra Rose Parade cars and people and I can imagine the adventure getting up to the floats! Maybe next year! How nice to have all six of you together for four days!
The most exciting thing I did New Year's Eve was to order food from NutriSystem, and I'm waiting it's arrival with eager anticipation!
Post a Comment