Thursday, June 11, 2009

Amazing God

I had an experience at home recently that is no other than a miricle.
I know you will not believe this, first of all that I was this stupid, and second because it is way to amazing to be real. This is the Gods honest truth though I swear.

The other day I went outside to BBQ. Aimee had a friend over and Michael and Michael Jr were watching UFC wrestling. Becca and Belle were helping me in the kitchen. I left the girls inside to finish the side dish we were having and I went to light the BBQ. We have gas that ignites itself when you turn it on and press the ignite button. Lots of people have them, fairly common, ours decided not to light. I figured that it was probably just to dirty and it needed me to get the flame closer to the gas line. So I turned off the gas, went inside for the little lighter we have for the fireplace and went back outside. I went back to the grill and lifted the rack turned up the gas not realizing that I apparently did not turn off the gas all the way. It was sitting there building up while I was in the house. Since the lighter was not big, I got down low and looked in as I lit the lighter.
Yep.

BOOM!

I remember just flames all around my face.
Hot.
Very Hot.
I started just walking waving my arms trying to cool them.
I was in shock obviously.
Just chanting "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!"
I went into the house and got my hands and arms under the water. You could smell the burning hair on my arms. It was gross. I was still chanting. I put burn ointment on my hands and arms and just started praying. I kept asking the Lord to heal me. I have a family to care for. Please Lord heal me. Please help me. My skin was on fire. I wasn't asking to relieve me from the pain just heal me.

God Listened.

I finally just prayed myself to sleep.
Remember I was looking really closely at the piolet when this boom hit.
I woke up with some red marks on my hands.
They were still sore, but more like bad sunburns.
My arms were fine.
I looked at the shirt I had on the day before. It was singed. I had a light triangular sunburn on my chest, that was all. My face was down by the flames and only one small spot on my face was burned, again now like a bad sunburn. My contacts that were in my eyes helping me look at the fire racing toward my face, fine, no damage at all. I thought that they would be melted to my eyes, but they were fine. I had a ton of hairspray in my hair that day, I do mean a ton, and none of my hair was burned.

I was shocked.

The next day. I had no physical proof of the burns at all.
Even the hair on my arms was back.
Not even very picky hair, soft arm hair.

I swear an angel must have been with me that day and that God heard my prayers because I have no idea how I got out of that sitsuation with as little damage as I had nor how I could have healed so quickly. I have burned myself badly before and have NEVER healed that quickly.


I admit I made sure I was on time for church Sunday.
Thank you God.
Miricles happen.
I had one when I recieved my husband.
I have had four healthy children, those are miricles.
This was a big one.
Thank you God.
I am truely blessed!


3 comments:

~Sandy said...

Amazing!!! God was with you my sister. I do believe in miracles. Let me tell you about my son. When he was a toddler, he was out playing in the yard and he came to us and said that man that is all white told me not to play near or pick up that rock and he pointed toward a rock in the yard.He said this person told him if he did he would get hurt. Sure enough a venomous snake was under it. He could not have made up that story, he was barely even talking. He will still to this day tell you all about the solid white person that spoke to him that day. I do believe:) BTW,I love your blog! I left you an award over at mine:)

Unknown said...

Just stopping by on a recommendation from Sandy. I had this same exact thing happend to me about 2 years ago...wow....He is wonderful isn't He?

Aimie said...

Wow! Those stories are over the top amazing! Your son is sooo Lucky Sandy ! Thank you for sharing :)God does work in mysterious ways.