Tuesday, June 9, 2009

moments

Wow, I am really behind in my blogging again.
Life has been so full.
I can honestly say that I have not been sitting in front of the telly just mushing up my brain.
That might have been enjoyable though.
:)


Here is what has happened though,
The munchkins all are out of school now.
The end of the year is always so busy.
I try to make it a point to be a part of as much as possible to.
This year was special for Michael Jr and Aimee.
Michael Jr got on Honor Roll again!

He has brought himself up educationally so much these past two years.
I am so proud of him.
He has felt so low since 2nd grade, that he was not smart enough.
He really felt that I just told him he was smart because I am his mom.
He has now proven that he is just smart because he is.

My Aimee, what a bunch of events she has had these past few weeks.
She went to Knott's Berry Farm with her class.
She had a promotion party.
She went to her first dance (not with a boy till she is 16).
She was promoted, in the longest ceremony ever, from 8th grade into High School.
I swear this one was longer than when my brother graduated Law School!
They even had speeches about them going out into the world now.
Umm, they are 13 not going into or graduating from college!
Anyway, for us that means that she is now an official;

Home School High School Student.
SCARY!!

I have been scouring the library and internet for information to make this an awesome year for Aimee. I am really looking forward to this adventure with her. I think we can really learn so much together. I have most of her curriculum already. Bible, American Lit., History, and Spanish. I have an assessment test for her to take geometry. So we are well on our way. I have met other parents at a few meetings I have been to. That made me feel so much better as well. I did not realize there were so many home schooled out here. It is wonderful!

Our lives are blessed. We are still working on our addition. Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures soon. Electrical, plumbing and A/C work is just not that interesting to photograph for me. :) An inspector is coming today to check the rough electrical and plumbing so lets hope everything is okay and we can move on.

Church has been busy to. We had our first family movie night over the weekend. We stared with a Spongebob cartoon while we had kinda potlucked our dinner. Then we put in a really good older movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Just a few people showed up, but it was really nice. We were supposed to be outside picnicing and watching our movie outside but it was raining! In southern California, in June, it was raining! Insane.
Everyone who showed up though really had a nice time. Can't wait to do another one!

This is the first week of the munchkins summer vacation. Got a bunch of stuff planned. Lets see how it turns out. Inspector today and Orthodontist tomarrow. We will be painting at church, going to graduations, graduation parties, birthday parties and a funeral. Busy, busy munchkins! What is the saying? Something about idle hands?
Well that won't be these munchkins this week!



No comments: