I have been thinking during my time with God in the morning about how wonderful it will be to meet Him in heaven. How I look forward to the day when my husband and I will be together at the table of our Lord just praising Him.
Just thinking of that makes me smile.
Then I started thinking again of how I would praise Him.
Would I sit there gushing?
He deserves my gushing! An eternity of gushing would barely put a nick in the amount of gush He should have poured on Him.
I am sure I will gush but I just think I would want to do more.
I should say I would want to "do" something for Him.
That is my personality.
I would want to serve Him.
"Can I get you water Lord?"
"Would you like some more bread my Savior?"
"Could you use more anything sweet Jesus?"
Those would be my first thought.
To serve the one who has served me in the most ultimate way.
He took the punishment for my sins so that I could enjoy the sweetness of heaven with Him.
Yes, that is what I would want to do.
Serve Him.
I love the story of Mary and Martha.
I so understand Mary.
That is who we all would love to be.
The one who just sits at the feet of Jesus and worships Him.
What an awesome thought.
Yet I can relate more to Martha.
She served the Lord and others while Martha worshiped.
I have the heart of serving the comforts of others.
I would want to make Jesus the best meal I could to fill His stomach.
I would want to be sure His cup of wine stayed full, that He would not thirst.
I would want to be sure He had pillows to make Him more comfortable.
Would the home temperature be alright would He be in need of a bigger fire in the hearth or a fan to cool His skin.
Would He enjoy a dessert after His meal? Maybe one of sweetness or would coffee be a better choice.
Yes, I would want to serve Him.
Then I realized I even ask of that every day.
I ask to be a vessel to serve Him.
I ask for the Holy Spirit to fill me and guide me in the path He has chosen for me.
Let me help those who I can help in the name of the Lord.
Some days I think it means serving my husband.
Some days it means serving my family.
Some days it means serving with donations to good Christian organizations.
Some days it means seeing the homeless man out there all cold and alone and buying him a hot coffee and a sandwich, remembering to look him in the eye, smile and give him some dignity.
Some days it is remembering my elderly neighbors, and bringing them an unexpected dinner or flowers.
Some days it is being in line for fast food or a coffee and paying for the strangers meal behind me. Knowing full well they have no idea who I am or why I might do something like that.
Some days it is helping my daughter make blankets for the mother's who chose to keep their unborn babies. Hopefully giving a bit of strength to the mothers and teaching my daughter to serve.
So many ways to serve my Lord here.
I hope I am a Martha.
I am glad there are Mary's out there doing their service too...
...but I so love serving my Lord as Martha did.
























1 comment:
A GREAT post!
I, too, am very much a Martha. There is such a need for both. The Christian life wouldn't be balanced if it was made up of one or the other.
Keep serving! I'm sure you are just who the Lord created you to be.
Laurel
Post a Comment