What an amazing gift I had last night.
I sent the munchkins off to bed around 9:30 but told them they could stay up another half hour if they wanted to read or practice math.
The two middle ones then asked if they could camp out together that night.
"Sure" I told them "just be planning on being asleep by 10:01."
They agreed and I being tired, to tired to read but to hot to sleep clicked on the tv to watch a little movie about a polygamist woman and her children escaping their compound. Nothing to mind demanding and hopefully would help me fall asleep faster.
I looked at the clock and 10:00 was closely aproaching.
I could hear the chit chats still going on in my son's bedroom.
Something told me to just let it go.
They were getting along and were probably just getting a head start on their math assignments for the next day (yes we are in summer school).
Aimee came out at 10:15 and said "Mom, do you hear Michael and Becca?"
"Yeah, I know they are still up. I just kinda like that they are trying so hard in their math. So I thought I would give them a few more minutes before lights out." I replied.
"No Mom, they aren't doing math. Listen..."
I turned down the tv and listened.
They were discussing something.
I looked at Aimee quizzically. " What are..."
"They are reading the Bible Mom" she answered. "They are teaching each other."
Who would have thought, on a night when I was least expecting it, God would answer my prayer of getting that fire started in their hearts for the Word of the Lord.
I know they love God.
That was not my prayer.
I just wanted the fire of needing his word for them.
This morning I know from the bottom of my feet to the tip of my soul that I am a proud mother of some serious Jesus Freaks!!!
Praise God!!
























No comments:
Post a Comment