Thursday, July 21, 2011

We got Lady Bugs!

 We have an apple tree in our back yard.
We have had this tree for 10 years and it is still sooooooo small.
This is the first year it really started to take off.
It has given us a few apples through out the years but we can see the actual tree growing this year.
Growing tree is good but it brings aphids and that's bad.
I try to not use pesticides any where near my house.
So I went online and bought ladybugs. For some reason you can't buy them at the garden centers anymore around here and none of the employees seem to know why, or just don't want to tell me.
 We still got them and that is the most important part.
1500 ladybugs for like $15.
The munchkins loved it!
We put them not only all over the apple tree but on the other plants as well.

 The little ladies crawled up and down everything, even our legs!
Belle loved catching them and giving each one a name!

Then this is so cute. The bugs started crawling into the birdhouse Belle painted and put in the apple tree. You cant really see them in the picture but there are about 10 just loving the little house!

 $15 and I have no more aphids, I don't have to worry about poison around my family or pets and it gave joy to my children for the whole afternoon! Money well spent in my opinion.

No comments: