Today... I am still tired but awake? Yeah, I am confused on that too.
Outside it is...is gonna be a hot one!! I have the house all watered and opened up trying to capture all the cooler air in the house before it becomes heavy with heat.
I can smell...the coffee in the pot. It just finished perking and has that warming of the soul smell to it. That is how you start a day!
In the oven for dinner...think we will be having Tostadas tonight. I have left over chicken, so no hot oven on tonight, warm up some beans, put out the cheese, salsa, and corn. I can make some guacamole really quick and we are good. That actually sounds really good!! Yup that is what we are having for dinner tonight!
What I have been thinking about...how lucky I am to have a homeschool group as wonderful as Western Christian is for me. We just had a Mom's Appreciation night the other evening. Our principal was so sweet. She and her daughter made us all a wonderful Santa Fe chicken salad for dinner. They decorated her home so beautifully and classy. We all had some time of fellowship and then she had speakers who just lifted us up with words. One speaker really spoke to my heart. I had to go and give her a hug after her speech. Then just after dessert, (which was wonderful, cheesecake, brownies, cookies, ice cream cake...there was not one calorie there that I just did not love!!!) our sweet leader/mentor/principal went on to praise our husbands. She told us just how blessed we are to have such amazing men in our lives and that we should be so thankful. She was full of wonderful things to say about our incredible husbands. I love that. I love being around people like that who just love and appreciate and find joy. So yes, I have been thinking about how wondrous and heart warming that night was for me.
The project I am working on...I just picked up some "junk" furniture that Becca and I are gonna restore. Totally looking forward to that!!
My mood today...I feel like I'm ready, for what I have no idea. I just feel like I am starting to get my ducks all in a row. I know I have my school year just around the corner and it is going to be hard, challenging even, but I am ready. Maybe that is what I feel ready for?
What I am reading...I am still going through the 100 Minute Bible. Trying to make it like a devotional. I am actually loving that. I am almost finished with Dance of the Gods this book is slow. Maybe that is why I have been supplementing with my new Love That Multiplies book by the Duggars? I so love the Duggars!!! That book I am more than enjoying!!!
School stuff...well I got my English texts in the mail yesterday. They are from Rod and Staff. Nothing fun there, just basic sentence structure and grammar. Don't get me wrong, they are great books, just nothing fun for me to share about them. Oh but I did run out to Dollar Tree with Aimee the other day and we picked up a few things for the younger kiddos to surprise the younger kids with on the first day of school. Little things like new pens, composition books for journal and handwriting. Still need to pick up a cute snack or something to make the day special not dreaded!!

























No comments:
Post a Comment