Today... I am actually doing this at night because I am to crazy in the mornings this week!!!
Outside it is...is quiet. Hardly any cars going by and the family is all asleep in their little beds.
I can smell...the coffee I warmed up believe it or not to help me sleep tonight.
In the oven for dinner...we had chicken fingers, spinach and pear salad and garlic bread! Yummmmm! I may be stinky but that garlic will keep me healthy now that fall is around the corner. I think tomorrow I will serve taquitos and beans. I better start soaking those beans tonight!!
What I have been thinking about...I can see prayers being answered. I pray the same prayers quite often because they are things close to my heart or for people in situations close to my heart. I love seeing little bits of change in life that are pointing things toward the direction of my prayers and their answers. I love when the good things that are starting to happen and I have been praying about seem to be coming around. It gives me faith that the things that are bigger and deeper that I pray for are in the works. Things that I may not even fathom being done in those situations are coming together hopefully in a positive way. I know only God knows what is best and I have to have faith that He will do things, amazing things in the lives I pray for. My BIG PRAYER this week is for my friend's baby who is due soon! Lord may that sweet soul just bloom with joy and happiness in her parents arms in the very near future. Precious little Fallon is getting ready to come and meet us all. I pray that her mother has a safe and uneventful delivery. May she heal quickly and raise her little bundle of sunshine in God's wonderful glory....I just can't wait to see her little face!!
The project I am working on...I am making pajama pants for the girls. Cute material and I will post pictures when they are done. They are so easy it should be done tonight or tomorrow.
My mood today...I feel like I'm happily busy. I just started homeschooling again and I am loving this year so far. The kids have not wanted to start. They want more summer vacation time. I would rather take that time at CHRISTmas. When everyone else is stressing, take an extra week to either prep for the holiday or to recover from it. When it comes I am sure they will agree with me!!
What I am reading...I am reading to many books at one time again. I have been reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. The Robert Langdon books. I liked the movies so I figured the books would be better and I am right, of coarse. The books usually are. Still reading the Duggars too.
School stuff...we started off not so bad till I realized as I was preparing for Aimee's Biology that I forgot to purchase her lab notebook from BJU Press. Ugh. I got the teacher manual so I can fake it this week but that really stinks that I completely forgot to purchase it. Then Aimee's math teacher said that they all needed a specific math book for their class this year only to change it today. I just got an email that the book was changed and hope it is not a big issue but they need it by the 20th. I had so smugly thought I was prepared for this year early. My bad. Other than that it has been lovely. We had the best discussion about dinosaurs today. My 15 minute lecture ended up a 65 minute discussion and a son who has decided that it is his job to tell the world the true story about the dinosaurs that they are thousands of years old not millions. He wants to go to Africa and find the mysterious creatures that have been seen on their beaches in the jungles that might be ancient dinos. So proud of his passion!! This is why I homeschool :)

























No comments:
Post a Comment