Thursday, August 18, 2011
Morning Musings
Today...the sun is rising right now casting a golden glow over all the houses. You can feel the cool evening air leaving and the humid heat starting to creep up and into the house.
Outside...the traffic is picking up. The cars are moving like cattle in straight processions up and down the boulevard. No birds singing this morning. I wonder why? No dogs barking at the pedestrians either...hmmm. Rather odd for the morning.
I can smell...the exhaust from the big trucks that just past. Gross, nothing like gagging on your life giving air first thing in the morning. Ahh, there the stench has passed and we are back to my delicious coffee with cream smells. I think I am going to close the windows.
In the oven for dinner...I have some leftover chicken from last nights taco dinner. I am kinda thinking if it is really hot today I will just make cold chicken sandwiches otherwise I have been craving enchiladas! Yum!! Then I can reheat the leftover beans, add a few more and instant dinner!!
What I have been thinking about...how the world is just so in the enemy's hands right now. We all need Jesus so much. The enemy is everywhere. The advertisements on television are getting racier. The whole marriage issue, planned parenthood, junk and fast foods, television shows, clothing fads... It just never ends all that has just enough evil to be tempting or look like there is just minimal damage from. You take just a little from one evil, then another, then another, before you know it the bigger evils just don't seem like such a big deal. It is so hard to live here and try to raise your children in the way of the Lord when every corner has tagging from the enemy. Some days, more often than not, my husband and I think about leaving California. Maybe other states have less temptation, less needing to be as good as or better than the Jones. We call it "Jones-ing" (insert snicker here). Maybe in other states it is easier to be a Christian. I don't know...just what we have been thinking about.
The project I am working on...my husband is making me a closet for all my homeschool stuff!! Now all my books and papers won't have to be hidden all over the house. Well at least that is the plan. So excited!!!
My mood today...I am kinda tired but ready to start the day. Got my workout clothes on, coffee half way drunk, school stuff almost ready....Whoo hoo Me!!!
What I am reading...textbooks. Yay. I am waiting for my new Hillary Duff book though. I should get it today. Well, she wrote it last year. It is called Eclipse. It is new to me. She has a follow up to that one coming out tomorrow. I had no idea she was an author. I just want to read it because I like her. She was one of the few from her generation who stayed true to herself and did not go raunchy with fame and fortune. She stayed classy. I appreciate that. So I am going to support her and continue to be a fan.
School stuff...we are doing great! Got Michael's state grades...not awesome but way better than last year. We still have a ways to go to get him caught up to his grade level (except in english, amazed me entirely. There he is almost a year ahead!!) but Becca (we got her CAT test results too) is overly advanced in math apparently so I have to bump her up from the math I had planned for her this year. I guess it is a good thing I thought ahead and bought the next years math books early!!
Picture to share...this is the tree we bought and are still waiting to have installed in our front yard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























No comments:
Post a Comment