Thanksgiving time I usually have the kids think about all the things they are thankful for. We say them around the table and that sort of thing.
This year I did something different.
A month ago, I had the munchkins start a thankful journal.
Everyday they have to write down one thing that they are thankful for.
It can be one word like,
Naps
or
Snuggling.
A sentence or phrase is good to.
warm fireplace with crackling fire
or
the smell of mom making homemade pumpkin pie.
I think it is a very positive way to look at your day.
There has to be at least one thing everyday you can write on the list!!
So the thought of having them do a list just for Thanksgiving seemed kind of redundant.
So we came up with the
Blessing Tree.
Wow.
I did not realize till right now how hard it is to see this tree.
Sorry.
The jist of it is that we took some cardboard and drew the trunk and sticks of a tree on it.
Then found some cute little leaves on the internet that were black and white.
Belle colored them all for us and then Becca and I cut them out.
We all came up with some of our best blessings and wrote them on the leaves.
Belle glued them down for us on the stick parts of the picture.
We even found leaves that we all wrote our names on that say each of us is
"" Fall-ing for Jesus"
Cute huh?
Well, we thought so...
and that is what we are thankful for today.

























No comments:
Post a Comment