Monday, September 28, 2009

Fun time with the Munchkins


I read this great recipe from Family Fun and thought I would try it with the girls over the weekend. We started with marshmallows on a stick (great job for Belle) then dipped them in water quickly just to get them sticky. We had a plate of green colored sugar that Becca then rolled the marshmallows through. She set them up in this glass to dry a bit right after.


Then we melted some chocolate and dipped the little tops in just a bit.


Then we let them harden in the fridge for a few minutes.



When we got them out we put a pretzel stick broken in half in each side of the marshmallow and dipped a toothpick into the left over chocolate to make little faces.


Becca was doing so well at this!
It is kind of messy, so wet washcloths are good to have around.


Here they are done!
Our little Frankensteins!


Belle's favorite part was eating them.


5 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

OMG these are way better than the ones that I plan to make. How did you get the sugar crystals to be green? I love these!!

Grandma said...

ADORABLE!

Mamatoosi said...

Fun!

~Sandy said...

Neat idea and soooooo cute!!!

Aimie said...

Lisa,
In the baking section at your regular grocer where you get your colored sprinkles, they have a new one called "green apple". It looks and smells like green apples! I figured it might look more like Frankenstein then the CHRISTmas green, I think it worked out great! Try it, they are so easy!