
I have been dealing with weight issues ever since I had Belle ( 2 years ago!!). I actually was trying to diet starting last year. It was really weird because no matter how hard I tried or what I was or was not eating I was gaining weight not loosing it. I actually was at a place where I was 20 lbs more than when I was about to give birth to Belle. That is depressing. Then on top of it I was loosing energy. I had to really try hard just to get enough so that I could get the kiddos from place to place. That involves driving, not very energy draining, but I would be exhausted after that. I was at 2 pots of coffee a day just to be human. I went to Dr after Dr to have them tell me nothing was wrong just I needed to diet then my energy would come back. Hello? Been trying that people!! I finally got one Dr who said that I had a Hyperthyroid issue and would have to be on meds for the rest of my life. Umm, no thanks. Those meds can mess up your whole body.
So I prayed.
Then prayed some more.
Then I prayed even more.
There had to be a better way to go. God heard me and helped me to remember a Natural Medicine Dr that was right here in my neighborhood. One of my friends had gone there and had so much positive to say about her experience. I knew this was where God was pointing me. I called and set up an appointment then expected the worst.
It really was not that bad. No poking or prodding or uncomfortable paper gowns. We talked and they took pictures of my tongue, looked at my skin and eyes, did some magnetic tests and he had a diagnosis. Easy as pie. He told me I had a bone marrow infection and that was why I could not loose weight. If I did not treat the infection I would continue to gain weight till it was dealt with.
Where would I get a bone marrow infection?
How random I thought.
Then it hit me.
Last year, when I had the bad dental work, I got a bad, no not bad, terrible infection from the extraction of a wisdom tooth. Remember the yucky oral surgeon would not give me any pain meds or anything else because I was breast feeding and kept telling me just to take some advil. Yup I suffered for 2 weeks till I found another dentist (thank God for you Dr Beck! You are an awesome Christian!) who would treat me and gave me antibiotics and treated me as a human. I am willing to bet that is where the infection of my bone marrow came from.
To get back to my weight story, Dr Yeh (another great Christian Dr.) put me on a diet of all natural food, no meat (just fish), lots of fruits, veggies, water and nuts. Then I go to acupuncture 2-3 times a week and drink some really nasty tasting tea 3 times a day for 3 months. I was unsure about this at first, but I figure 3 months I can handle. I had my first acupuncture that day. I actually felt better. That day, I felt better! I had a little bit of energy. I am getting a little bit more energy every time I go in there. I have even lost weight, finally! I have lost, are you ready for this. by just following his prescription, no work outs yet, I have lost...
20 lbs!!!
That is in one month!
Yeah, I can't wait to see what I can do by next month.
I am such an advocate for natural medicine now.
I always hated taking prescriptions because if there is a side effect it always happens to me. I have found natural ways to take care of all sorts of stuff at home but this whole path was new to me. It is insanely expensive but so worth it. I even caught a cold while there, they gave me some pill forms of herbs and I swear I felt better right away. While others are suffering taking their over the counter meds, I got these and feel great, just cough every now and again. I think that is from the fires and the smoke out here though. This is also the first fall that I have not had major sinus issues. My allergies are in overdrive every year at this time. I got nothing now and love it! I have not had easy breathing on the left side of my nostrils since we moved to this house and was told by insurance drs that it is allergies, take benedryl. Dr Yeh said "no, try acupuncture," and I can breathe!
I am just so happy that this is working and I have a Dr right now that wants to help me.

I am getting back to finding me!
If you ever have health issues I strongly recommend finding a Natural Health practitioner in your area. They are amazing!!
























No comments:
Post a Comment