Monday, September 21, 2009

Let the Jazz begin!


Here is my handsome son beginning his latest adventure.
He has joined the school band.
Yes, we are still considering home school for him but this is something he can do even if he does not attend public school. He has been waiting to do this for quite a while. He told me 2 years ago that he wanted to join the school band and play the saxophone. So here he is, 5th grade they feel you are old enough (and big enough to carry the instrument) to handle the lessons.


He is so excited that he had me put the thing together in the van on the way home so he could start practicing. Thank God I was in band or I would have had no idea how to put it together for him. They don't show you how at the instrument rental place. He has been at this thing all weekend. He is so proud that he taught himself a few different sounds on it. I can't tell you if they are notes, but they are different sounds for sure. :)
I am really happy for him. I am glad he has found something that brings him joy.
Loud joy, but joy none the less.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

That's fantasticalicious!!!