
I have been really enjoying my time at home with Aimee. I love learning with her. I love seeing that this was the right decission to start homeschooling with her. The best part is when we have gotten a negative response tward our choice to homeschool, Aimee has been the first one to say, "Who cares what so-and-so thinks?" That really has been the cement in this decission for me. It is nice that her friends are jealous and would like to be homeschooled by me as well. (hee hee!)
Now my question to my self is, should I be doing more?
I don't mean with Aimee. I know that we are just starting and we will grow with this and make it even more wonderful. I am wondering if I should be homeschooling my son as well. It would certainly make the dynamics of the schooling different. Not only is he younger than Aimee but he is a bit more (and I say that with a snicker) negative toward school. Lets just say he strongly feels that it is the most stupid thing on the planet. Math, spelling, reading, and history are meant for slowly yet painfully destroying young children in his opinion. Now over the summer I have found that there are things that I can get him to read and he will do so of his own free will. Then school begins and what ever the teacher chooses he loathes! (The worst part is his teacher this year is my friend. I hope we are still friends after he has been in her class!) He loves when I do science with him. The museums and the experiments we do at home over the summer he really enjoys. I love that he has questions about things and he will ask me. For example he asked how butterflies sleep the other day. I had no idea, so we Googled it. ( the don't sleep, nor do they live very long apparently. Guess that is why they don't sleep.) The stickler though is Math. No matter what I have tried, he thinks its stupid.
So could I change his thinking about school if I chose to home school him as well?
Would he listen to me as a teacher?
Would it take away from Aimee or make it better?
Is it worth it?
So much to consider.
I read blogs of parents that home school multiple kids. None of there kids seem to hate school. I could be wrong, maybe I just read the happy entries.
Husband and I are really praying about this. I have even spoken with his teacher this year about maybe pulling him out and homeschooling him. She is actually for it. (She home schooled her own munchkins.)
It is a big decision.
I know God will help us with it.
I will keep you updated as to what we are considering.
I need to decide fairly soon.
Pray for us.
























3 comments:
I am very interested in your decision as well. I just started Evie in a 2year old preschool class. She has been begging me to go to school forever!! I am very interested in Home schooling when they are older though. Plus, with Christopher's issues home might be a better place for him. My prayers are with you as you make this difficult decision, and I am looking foreward to see how it works out!
Wanna chat Sunday?
I will definitely keep you posted!
Post a Comment