Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I pray a lot


I was thinking about how often I pray for my children and my husband.
I feel like I am talking to God constantly...and I think I am.
My children seem to take up much of my prayer thoughts.
I pray that they will have a good day.
I pray that they will find a way to make something happy in someone's life that day.
I pray for their safety while playing sports.
I pray that they are getting enough nutrients from the food that I give them.
I pray that they are happy.
I pray that others are being kind to them.
I pray that they have good friends.
I pray that they are making good choices.
I pray for their husbands and wife in the future that they will be happy and make good choices now before they wed and after.
I pray that I am being a good enough parent to them.
I pray that they will feel love true in their hearts.
I pray that they will know God and not loose faith.
I pray for them to sleep well at night.

See? I am constantly "twittering" God about my little ones.
I also pray for my husband all day as well.
As soon as he leaves for work, the kids can tell you I stand at the window and wave while asking the Lord to bless him on his travels and to bless his day.
They even join in on the mornings that they are actually up when he leaves.

My kids even know that mommy prays for them right after they finish their prayers. I can't even think of leaving without them getting to hear:

God, bless my kids with your white light.
Keep them safe all through the night
No bad dreams should they have tonight
This I pray,
Amen.


I started that when Aimee was very little and was so scared of bad dreams. Now it is followed through to the others. They all say it makes them feel better, more secure, knowing that mom is asking God to care for them. It is a small gift I give. It seems to hold a lot of meaning though.

I hope it is like that with all my prayers.
A small gift.
Everyday a small but important, secure, loving gift I can give freely to my family.

I know God knows my heart, but I feel better knowing that I have acknowledged the amazing gifts I have been given and that I am trying to do my best with them every single day, with His help.


No comments: