Okay, I realize that I said that my dining room was done.
After getting the wainscoting up and painted.
Then painting the room red. That sure took a ton of paint.
Putting up the new light fixture and bringing in the new (well to us) dining room set could have been the end of the room being done.
Even bringing in the antique chiffonier that I bought years ago (and I am so proud of getting) waiting in our storage room for the addition to be done and over, could have been the sign that this room was finished.
I was wrong.
We just knew that this room was special. We have wanted a dining room in this house for 9 years. We finally have one. Not going all the way with fixing it while we have the opportunity just seemed kind of like changing your baby's diaper and forgetting to close a tab. ( I used G diapers and they close with Velcro tabs.) So our home is already crazy with painting and construction, this would be the perfect time to get this done!
So tada!
Day one: floors are sanded and first coat of sealant!
Yay!
The beautiful white oak floor shines through!
Today is day two. The gentleman restoring our floor is coming back to make it shiny.
I soooooo can't wait!
(In the picture above, the dark circle in the middle of the floor is the shadow from the light fixture, not a stain by the way.)
I think this was a really good idea.
:)
After getting the wainscoting up and painted.
Then painting the room red. That sure took a ton of paint.
Putting up the new light fixture and bringing in the new (well to us) dining room set could have been the end of the room being done.
Even bringing in the antique chiffonier that I bought years ago (and I am so proud of getting) waiting in our storage room for the addition to be done and over, could have been the sign that this room was finished.
I was wrong.
We just knew that this room was special. We have wanted a dining room in this house for 9 years. We finally have one. Not going all the way with fixing it while we have the opportunity just seemed kind of like changing your baby's diaper and forgetting to close a tab. ( I used G diapers and they close with Velcro tabs.) So our home is already crazy with painting and construction, this would be the perfect time to get this done!
So tada!
Day one: floors are sanded and first coat of sealant!
Yay!
The beautiful white oak floor shines through!
Today is day two. The gentleman restoring our floor is coming back to make it shiny.
I soooooo can't wait!
(In the picture above, the dark circle in the middle of the floor is the shadow from the light fixture, not a stain by the way.)
I think this was a really good idea.
:)
























No comments:
Post a Comment