Tuesday, February 9, 2010

That was me


Where did the time go?
We were so young!
My husband was uploading pictures the other day and pulled this one out from 1994.
I swear I don't feel that much older, but when you look at the photo then the mirror...
I am going to go and put tons of moisturizer on my face all day long!!!

Reality? I am glad I am older.
My 20's were fine while I was in them. I learned how to live on my own, love with my entire heart, got married, became a wife and partner to the most amazing man, became a mother, then did it again a few times! I learned how to be a responsible adult. So the 20's came and went and I was fine with it.
My 30's have been comfortable. I have found out a lot about myself. Like who I want to be, what direction I want to go in and what I want to teach my children to be and value. I have become closer to my Lord. I have found an amazing strength through my husband.I love him more now than I did the day we married. I would never have thought that possible before. We bought a home and are making it more our own. We have a beautiful family. "We" is how I seem to think of many things about my life, and I love that. I have had to say goodbye to strongly loved family members during this time, but having a stronger faith has made it easier to handle. The thirties have been really nice.
Since the 40's are just (literally) around the corner, as I look at the picture of myself, so young, I can remember it happily. I truly am so happy to actually be my age. I am who I am because of all I have seen, done and experienced. Every wrinkle tells a story of me. All the shiny silver highlights are all happy moments that made my soul smile. Every day I get older and do my best is one day closer to having the privilege of meeting our most awesome God and telling him "thank you for all the wonderful gifts you gave me to live and experience and love during my life."
Yes that might have been the young woman I started out as,
but look out at the woman who is to come!!

No comments: