
Okay this is a picture of how I am trying to green up my parish. We are having a big party tonight and I needed center pieces. The parishioners are used to having flowers, fresh cut flowers for all events.They are beautiful to have, I agree. I just could not spend $300 on flowers that were going to die in just a few days and only be appreciated for a few hours. So I used the theme of the evening and went to the nursery. There I bought herbs with a few flowers and planted them in clay pots with organic soil. They look great in my opinion. The arrangements have little notes in them that say "Take me home! Leave a donation!" If my idea works then the flowers will be beautiful for the evening for the event then can beautify someones home after and I have no waste! No poor flower will have to sacrifice itself for our decor. I am praying it works.
2 comments:
This is such a great idea. The beauty of these will be so much longer lasting than flowers.
Thank you! :) I thought so to!
Post a Comment