Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lunch time

With all that I do during the day I am surprized sometimes that I do actually sit down and read or blog just to have some sanity in my thoughts. Today I am combining both. Yesterday while reading THE BIG GREEN PURSE, I checked out the section on lunchboxes. Now my munchkins have been taking their lunch to school forever. I just have a problem with all the processed food that the schools serve and since their health is important to me I feed them lunch. Also I use TupperWare all the time so as to cut back on the baggies that go out into the landfills same reason to buy the lunch box. I did not even think about how bad some of the lunchboxes were for the enviornment. I generally bought the soft ones but did not even think past the fact that they would eventually become trash but the chemicals that they make some of these with are toxic to the earth. The book lists some great sites to go to for adult and kid lunch containers. Great choices too!
Check out the cute boxes in the picture! They are from Built NY Munchlers. How cute are these? They open up into a placemat that is shaped like the pet. Love them! They are totally affordable to, under $20. The site from the book that I found them was www.reuseablebags.com and there were other great choices there to. I really liked this one for my middle daughter though. Cute just like her personality.
For my son, I am thinking maybe Laptop Lunches. They are a bit more grown up and so is the price, but he would feel a bit more cool with that than bringing a little piggie lunchbox to school.
You can find those at the same site. They are more expensive though. Hey the kids take them everyday, sometimes you have to splurge.
Oldest daughter I am thinking Mimi the sardine lunch bags. These are so cute! They look just like little purses,but they are insulated. Groovy concept. She can be all hip and a trendsetter with this bag. They are just under $20 and are lead free.
Well this is what we will be getting for our lunches this year. I think they are a great way to help fight global warming. Maybe you will get one for yourself to if you have not already. Make good gifts to. Christmas is coming.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Site says it's under construction. Santa will be disappointed that his elves can't read up on these great lunch boxes.